WIDI BUD enables you to easily play and perform music on your setup without wires. It is very helpful for connecting your AirTurn Footswitch in MIDI Mode to your PC but it works with other platforms too to lower latency and easy connections.
- Low-profile, automatically pairing low-energy dongle for Bluetooth MIDI music production
- Designed for the Xkey Air 25/27 but will work on nearly all Bluetooth MIDI devices
- Lets you transmit MIDI signals wirelessly for a more flexible creative environment
- Specially programmed to minimize latency; increasing music quality and engineer satisfaction
- Settings are customizable with the WIDI Plus app (free download available)
Just Plug & Play
WIDI BUD was created to enable you to easily play and perform music on your setup without wires. The WIDI BUD is a class-compliant Bluetooth® Low Energy adapter that has been optimized for low latency MIDI music connection. The WIDI BUD will connect with nearly any Bluetooth MIDI device and is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, and google Chromebook devices. The WIDI BUD also works with the Xkey Air 25 and the Xkey Air 37 and will work on nearly all Bluetooth MIDI devices such as the Korg microKEY Air, nanoKEY studio, Jamstik+, Yamaha MD-BT01/UD-BT-01, Roland A-01, and more.
Special minimized latency Bluetooth technology eliminates time lag. Many devices that come with Bluetooth may be outdated and slow, but the WIDI BUD is designed to have minimal latency specifically for playing music. This is possible due to the specialized software inside the dongle’s firmware using the latest Bluetooth. Most prepackaged Bluetooth replies on drivers that are dependent on the hard drive and increase lag.
No need to worry about drivers, language settings, 32 or 64 bit issues or slow hard drives. WIDI BUD just plugs into your USB port and it’s ready to go. The WIDI BUD even works great on phones due to the Bluetooth® Low Energy that reduces battery drain. see product specifications for a full list of compatible operating systems. You’re not limited to connecting our own Xkey Air. The WIDI BUD dongle plays nicely with all other Bluetooth MIDI devices, including the Korg microKEY Air, nanoKEY studio, Jamstik+, Yamaha MD-BT01/UD-BT-01, Roland A-01, etc.
Easy to Use
Smart implementation of the latest Bluetooth ‘Host’ software means your AirTurn (or other Bluetooth MIDI instrument) will pair with WIDI BUD automatically. No more manual scanning and pairing. Several settings for the WIDI BUD can also be configured in the free WIDI plus app.
- Main: 17 x 16 x 8 mm
- Range: 10 meters or 33 feet
- Supported: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista
- Not Supported: ARM-Based Windows RT, Mac OS, Linux
Compatible Bluetooth Devices:
- Microsoft Windows XP-SP3 / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
- Mac OS X
- Chrome Version 43.0 or above
- iOS 4.2 and above
- iPhone and iPad require lighting to USB adapter or camera connection kit (sold separately)
- Android Tablets / Smartphone with Android version 4 or newer may require USB OTG (sold separately)
- Compatible with USB 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0
- Connects to a single Bluetooth® LE device