Most reverbs are earth-bound and constrained by the physics of the real world. Our Blackhole reverb breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality (at least the one we inhabit). At large sizes, its soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allows it to really shine on guitars, strings and pads. At small sizes those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldly rhythm section.
From the Extreme to the Sublime
While it’s true Blackhole is capable of creating space-warping special effects and drones, it’s also capable of creating musical and subtle effects you’ll find useful for highlighting key instruments or painting a backdrop for your mix. Whether you're at the event horizon or closer to home, Blackhole will inspire and amaze while its intuitive controls will allow you to add that special something to your tracks without a degree in rocket science.
In short, Blackhole is destined to be one of those tools that you turn to time and again when reality just isn't enough.
We’ve now perfected the galactic sounds of the Blackhole reverb in native plug-in form. With the Blackhole plug-in, any instrument in your DAW can warp acoustic space and time. This famed, massive reverberator first saw the light of day as an algorithm in our rackmount DSP4000 and remained a favorite in the rackmount H8000FW. For decades studio engineers considered Blackhole their "secret weapon." More recently, it was ported to our Space stompbox and became the go-to ambient effect for guitar and keyboard layers. With each new version the reverb has been refined and enhanced.
- Incredibly easy to use with over 50 presets; many created by Eventide artists.
- Ability to create extremely musical effects useful for highlighting key instruments.
- Supernatural settings for abstract spatial effects and drones.
- Subtle settings for ambient washes and track highlighting.
- Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb's decay.
- Kill Switch mutes the input so you only hear the reverb. This makes for some incredible effects when automated.
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant.
- Fully flexible mono and stereo options. Bring new realms of stereo imaging to mono instruments.
- Innovative Ribbon and Hot Switch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously.
- Full support for the Native Instruments NKS Effects system.
- Available for iOS as a AuV3 plug-in and standalone app.
Presets Make it Easy
Blackhole was designed to give you extensive control, allowing you to craft your own signature sounds. Included with Blackhole is a carefully curated set of 50 presets that serve as a launch pad for your explorations. These presets cover spaces as small as a room and as large as space itself.
Flood & Alan Moulder
Nine Inch Nails, U2
Jonsi & Alex
Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr.
|Windows 7+||AAX 32/64-bit, VST2 32/64-bit, NKS Integration|
|macOS 10.7+||NKS Integration, AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST2 64-bit|
|iOS 11.0+||AUv3 64-bit, Inter-App Audio 64-bit, Standalone 64-bit|
We test our desktop plugins in Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Studio One. However, our plugins should work with any compatible host - we recommend you download a 30-day demo here to check before buying.
We test our iOS plugins in AudioBus, AUM, Auria Pro, Cubasis, GarageBand, and NanoStudio. However, our plugins should work with any compatible host.
New 32-bit macOS installers are no longer being made for this product.
Ribbon controller: CC1 (mod wheel)
Active: CC2, toggles on rising edge
Hotswitch: CC3, toggles on rising edge
Freeze: CC4, toggles on rising edge
Tap (all others): CC4, follows CC state (on if value >= 64, low if value < 64)